Earth has been our home planet for billions of years — long before our the first two-legged ancestors emerged from the ocean, back when the most complex form of life was merely a few blobs of cells — yet unbelievably, there is still much we don't know about our world. In fact, what we do know, or at least the most important parts, can be simplified in a 7 minute video, which is just what this incredible video from Kurzgesagt attempts to do.
It pretty much touches base on everything from the Earth's formation, to pivotal moments in its evolution. Moments that include the birth of the Moon; Earth's progression from a desolate place, too volatile to retain liquid water on its surface, into our own personal oasis; the moment at which the ground started to shake beneath us, when plate tectonics first emerged; how said movements led to the formation of mountains, valleys and trenches; leading up to our planet's magnetic field and atmosphere and how they came about. The animation even manages to make Earth's many layers and their respective compositions interesting.
- Ten of the Most Incredible Places on Earth
- 6 Beautiful Places on Earth (That are Secretly Horrifying)
- Is There an Ancient Earth Trapped in Earth’s Interior? “Yes,” Say Harvard Scientists
- Ten Mindbending Facts About Earth's Water
- Bioluminescent Wonders of Planet Earth
- Scientists Discover Massive “Ocean” Near Earth’s Core
- How Do We Know that the Earth is Round?
- 50 (nearly) Unbelievable Facts About Earth
Share This Article