23andMe
Partnerships

Learn About Your Past and Take Control of Your Future With 23andMe Health + Ancestry

Find out what your genes say about your health, traits, and ancestors.

Ever since DNA’s role in heredity was confirmed in the mid-20th century, scientists have been working to decipher the human genome and unlock knowledge that can improve our lives. Now, at long last, the knowledge is finally available. To get it, all you have to do is take a DNA test. And thanks to companies like 23andMe, taking a DNA test is easier than ever.

The driving goal of 23andMe is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. To do that, they’ve created easy-to-use home genetic testing kits and state-of-the-art genetic screening processes, making cutting edge genetic science available to everyday consumers.

For those who might be a little rusty on the subject of genetics, think of your DNA as an almost unfathomably long string of words that contain the instructions for our development, functioning, growth, and reproduction. This sequence is 99.9 percent the same for every human being on earth. However, the remaining 0.1 percent contains different “markers” that indicate a genetic disposition to certain diseases and conditions. And when it comes to using a DNA test to find these markers, there’s no better place to start than the Health + Ancestry DNA Test from 23andMe.

23andMe – Health, Traits and Ancestry

23andMe DNA test for health info.
23AndMe

With 23andMe, discovering what your DNA has to say about you could not be easier. The first step is ordering your at-home sample collection kit, which typically arrives in three to five days. Once you receive it, just follow the kit instructions and spit into the collection tube, seal it, and mail it back in the pre-paid packaging provided. That’s it. No blood. No needles. Just spit. In three to five weeks you’ll receive an email telling you that your reports are ready to be viewed through your secure online account.

The 23andMe Health + Ancestry DNA Test provides 35+ reports on your genetic ancestry, 30+ reports on various genetic traits and characteristics, 11 reports on your genetic predisposition to various diseases, 8 reports on genetic links between various wellness and lifestyle issues, and 40+ carrier status reports that indicate whether you are a carrier for a given condition.

The Health + Ancestry test screens for genetic indicators of the following diseases and conditions:

  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Breast cancer
  • Celiac disease
  • Late-onset Alzheimer’s disease
  • Parkinson’s Disease
  • Age-related macular degeneration
  • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
  • Liver disease
  • High cholesterol
  • Red blood cell deficiencies
  • Familial transthyretin amyloidosis
  • Hereditary Hemochromatosis
  • Increased risk of blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes
  • Colorectal cancer

According to 23andMe, all reports are fully backed by science and meet the highest quality standards. The DNA collection kit is FDA-approved. The Genetic Health Risk and Carrier Status reports meet FDA criteria for being scientifically and clinically valid. All saliva samples are processed in CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited labs. And personalized reports are based on well-established scientific and medical research.

23andMe also notes that these reports are NOT diagnoses. Even the best home DNA test cannot provide an exhaustive examination of your DNA. However, the reports can provide insights into your future health so that you can be the best possible advocate for yourself with your doctor.

Why leave your future health to chance? Order 23andMe’s Health + Ancestry DNA Test today and take full advantage of the latest advances in human genetics.

Futurism fans: To create this content, a non-editorial team worked with an affiliate partner. We may collect a small commission on items purchased through this page. This post does not necessarily reflect the views or the endorsement of the Futurism.com editorial staff.

Keep up. Subscribe to our daily newsletter.

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement and Privacy Policy
Next Article
////////////