If the history of the entire universe was condensed into a single year, with each month representative of one and a quarter billion years long (each day represents forty million years, whilst each second stands for some five hundred years or so):
- The CMBR forms on January 1st at 2:30 a.m.
- The recombination era begins on January 4th
- The Milky Way forms on February 22nd
- The first stars and galaxies form on March 15th
- The sun forms on September 8th
- Earth forms on September 11th (The moon forms shortly afterward)
- Following the formation of Earth, the heavy late bombardment period commences on September 11th at 2:30 a.m.
- Dinosaurs would have died from a comet or meteorite impact on December 30
- The earliest humans (hominids) would have appeared on December 31 at 11:39 pm
- The first civilization would have appeared on December 31 at 11:59:30 p.m.
For all of the details from the first lifeforms on Earth, until now – click here.