If you’re a documentary junkie, you already know that your thirst for knowledge can’t ever be completely slaked. But, at least it can be temporarily subdued with the right documentary. Unfortunately, the modern cable TV and streaming landscape provides relatively few good, educational, yet entertaining programs. But luckily, there’s a relatively new streaming service in town that’s seeking to change that. It’s called CuriosityStream, and you can try it right now for free.
What kind of programming can you find on CuriosityStream? Put simply, it’s the best the documentary and educational programing available. It offers gripping productions on a wide variety of topics, including history, nature, science & technology, and much more. Here’s a sample of some of the 2,400+ acclaimed shows and documentaries you’ll have at your fingertips with a CuriosityStream subscription:
- The Secrets of Quantum Physics: An overview of the study of quantum physics from the beginning of the 20th century to today
- The Rise & Fall of T-Rex: A brief profile on the King of the Dinosaurs
- Ancient Earth: A universe of exotic creatures that called Earth home in the land before time.
- Hubble’s Imager: A look at the pictures taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Deep Time History: An exploration of the very genesis of human civilization and beyond.
- Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places: Explore the universe with Stephen Hawking, Commander of the SS Hawking.
- And many, many more, with more programs being added all the time.
All of the different CuriosityStream streaming plans can be sampled free for one week, probably because the people behind it (including John Hendricks, the founder of cable channels like Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, and Animal Planet) are confident that most people will realize in less than a week that they’ve become hooked on the high-quality content.
The standard plan, which comes with unlimited viewing and no regional programming restrictions anywhere you go on Earth, can be had for $2.99 a month, and you can save even more by signing up for a year in advance, which is priced at just $19.99. The Premium streaming plan costs a little more — $9.99 a month or a discounted $69.99 for the annual plan, but you’re getting eye-popping 4K streaming on all programming. And as an added bonus, if you sign up for an annual plan between now and July 14th, you’ll get a free $10 Amazon gift card.
CuriosityStream’s regularly updated programming library will take you into the far reaches of the universe, back into prehistoric times, through black holes, down into the quantum realm, and anywhere else in the physical world your mind can fathom. And a whole year of the standard HD plan costs much less than a month of a cable subscription. So check it all out here, and take advantage of the free 7-day trial so you can really see what CuriosityStream has to offer.
Futurism fans: To create this content, a non-editorial team worked with an affiliate partner. We may collect a small commission on items purchased through this page. This post does not necessarily reflect the views or the endorsement of the Futurism.com editorial staff.