Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the day that many businesses finally get out of the debt, “red,” and make a profit, “black.” For consumers, it’s a day to grab some of the best deals of the year on their favorite sites like Amazon.
Despite rumors that deals wouldn’t be as plentiful this year, there have been amazing deals hitting the market as early as late September and early October. Amazon Black Friday deals have been going for several weeks. That doesn’t mean you’ve missed the boat. There are plenty of discounts taking place every day and several that are only available on Black Friday itself.
How We Picked the Best Amazon Black Friday Deals
We’re watching prices of popular items all year long. That means when the holidays roll around, we’re already well aware of what’s a good deal and what’s just hype. We looked for deals that offered good discounts for the quality of the item. Our research can help you find deals on top-of-the-line products for this holiday season.
The Best Black Friday Laptop Deals
The Amazon Black Friday laptop deals aren’t limited to laptops. Tablets and other electronics are favorites every year. You can often grab some amazing deals on high-end models, like the best laptops for music production or video editing. Don’t forget to check deals on the best laptop desks and risers, too.
Take the HP 14 Laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256 GB solid-state storage (SSD). This laptop falls in the budget category, normally $559, but for Black Friday, you can nab it at only $473. It’s one of the best laptops for college because of the low price and reliable processor.
Even Apple is getting into the best Black Friday Amazon deals, offering the 2020 Apple MacBook Air for $100 off the regular price. That may not sound like much, but considering that MacBook’s rarely go on sale at all because of their popularity, it’s a deal worth grabbing.
Some of the best Amazon Black Friday deals are for Amazon-based products, like the Fire HD tablet. Normally, it runs $220, but for Black Friday, you’re looking at $145. The Fire comes with a 12-hour battery life, wireless charging, and a fast octa-core processor to stream your favorite Prime movies, read, or jump on social media. It falls into the best tablets category along with the best e-readers, too.
– Samsung Galaxy Book Pro, $900 (was $1,000)
– 2020 Apple MacBook Pro, $1,349 (was $1,499)
– Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 2-in-1 Laptop, $314 (was $430)
– Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, $560 (was $610)
– Acer Predator Titan Gaming Laptop, $1,466 (was $1,800) (best gaming laptop deal)
– Fire HD 8 Tablet, $45 (was $90)
– Samsung Galaxy Tab A, $172 (was $200)
– Fire HD 8 Kids Tablet, $70 (was $140)
– Samsung Electronics Galaxy Tab S7, $530 (was $680)
Best Black Friday TV Deals
Televisions are one of the places we’ve seen incredible deals since October. The deals haven’t stopped coming, even on the large, high-tech models. You’ll still pay a pretty penny for these TVs, but the graphics and colors will blow you away.
The LG OLED C1 Series 77-inch TV is compatible with Alexa and features built-in smart 4K. The 120Hz refresh rate keeps images from looking blurry (even on that gigantic display). It also has special modes, like gaming mode, to enhance your viewing experience. It’s going for $2,897, as opposed to its normal price of $3,780.
Not to be outdone, the Sony X90J 75-inch Bravia connects to Google TV and is compatible with Alexa. It has a cognitive processor, which is a little scary thinking that your TV is thinking. But it makes for an incredible viewing experience. This beautiful TV is selling at $1,598, down from its regular $2,099.
If you’re looking for something a little smaller, the Hisense 40-inch Class H4 Series is still a smart TV, but it stays out of four-digit territory. It’s selling for $100 off at $230.
– Sony X90J 65-inch TV, $1,198 (was $1,499)
– TCL 43-inch 4K UHD Smart LED TV, $279 (was $349)
– Insignia 43-inch Smart 4K UHD TV, $249 (was $319)
– Sony X85J 75-inch TV, $1,298 (was $1,799)
– Samsung 50-inch Class Crystal UHD Series, $478 (was $530)
Best streaming devices:
– Fire TV Stick 4K Streaming Device, $25 (was $50)
– Roku Ultra, $85 (was $100)
– Roku Streaming Stick+, $30 (was $45)
– Fire TV Cube, $80 (was $120)
Best Black Friday Smartwatch Deals
The latest and greatest versions of popular smartwatches are hitting the market in time for the holidays. Amazon Black Friday deals on the newer versions aren’t as common as the deep discounts you’ll see on the older versions.
The sleek Samsung Galaxy 4 monitors your health stats while keeping you on time. It monitors heart rate, oxygen levels, steps, distance, and can send your health info to your doctor using the Samsung Health Monitor app. You can get it for $350, down $50 from its usual price.
Garmin’s Venu Sq takes a deeper $70 discount this Black Friday, coming in at $130. You get GPS tracking, six days of battery life, stress tracking, and an oxygen sensor. You can also use it to relax, destress, and monitor your sleep habits.
Steering away from the fitness sector, the Fossil Women’s Gen 5E smartwatch offers a stainless steel touch screen with speaker. The always-on display lets you track the weather, health stats, and access apps. You can also track the normal health stats, like heart rate and distance.
Best smartwatch deals:
– Fossil Men’s Gen 5E, $159 (was $249)
– Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch, $199 (was $300)
– Garmin Vivoactive 4, $200 (was $350)
– Amazfit GTS Fitness Smartwatch, $80 (was $120)
– Polar Ignite, $148 (was $230)
– Samsung Galaxy Buds 2, $120 (was $150)
– Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Earbuds, $100 (was $180)
– JBL Tune 225TWS True Wireless Earbud, $50 (was $100)
– Apple Airpods Pro (2nd Gen), $109 (was $159)
Best Black Friday Video Game Deals
The best part about scoring video game deals on Black Friday is that many of them include free upgrades to the latest gaming system, just in case you get one for Hanukkah or Christmas. You’ll find deals in all of the major gaming systems.
Farcry 6 for PS5 is currently going for 42 percent off at $35. It’s also available for PS4, Xbox One, and you can get digital codes, too. Get your favorite superhero game with Guardians of the Galaxy for PS5 for only $30, down from the usual $60.
If Nintendo Switch is more your style, you can get PGA Tour 2K21 for only $14 or Pixar’s The Incredibles for $15.
Best video game deals:
– Super Mario Maker 2, $39 (was $60) Nintendo Switch
– Lego DC Super Villains, $15 (was $20) Nintendo Switch
– Mario Tennis Aces, $49 (was $60) Nintendo Switch
– NBA 2K22, $26 (was $60) PS4
– Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Launch, $30 (was $50) PS5
– NHL 22, $28 (was $60) Xbox One
– Madden NFL 22, $26 (was $60) Xbox One
– Minecraft Dungeon Hero Edition, $20 (was $30) Xbox One
Best Black Friday Mattress Deals and Other Home Goods
Black Friday is the perfect time to score a good deal on a mattress. Most of the major brands offer discounts this time of year. Keep an eye out on your favorites like Purple and Tuft and Needle.
Tuft and Needle’s Original is already a bargain, but strap on a 15 percent discount, and it’s a killer deal. Plus, it’s super comfortable with excellent pressure relief and a 100-night sleep trial.
Casper offers a small discount on the Casper Sleep Element, at only $535. This mattress features perforated foam to aid breathability and cut down on heat build-up. Casper offers a nice 100-night sleep trial, too.
Check out the Zinus 10-inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress, coming in at $420, down from the usual $450. This mattress’s gel infusion helps move heat away from your body for a cooler sleep. The green tea acts as a natural antibacterial agent.
Mattresses aren’t the only home goods to go on sale during Black Friday. Keep your eye out for blenders, air fryers, juicers, and rice cookers.
Best mattress deals:
– Tuft and Needle Mint, $1,015 (was $1,195)
– Nod by Tuft and Needle, $335 (was $395)
– Classic Brands Cool Gel Chill Memory Foam Mattress, $406 (was $587)
– Sleep Innovations Marley Cooling Gel Mattress, $279 (was $630)
– The Purple Mattress (king), $1,599 (was $1,699)
– Ninja BL610 Professional Blender, $80 (was $100)
– NutriBullet Blender Combo, $100 (was $150)
– Vitamix Blender, $400 (was $450)
Best air fryers:
– Instant Vortex, $70 (was $100)
– Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer, $170 (was $220)
– Instant Vortex Pro, $110 (was $160)
– Breville Juice Fountain Plus, $120 (was $160)
– NutriBullet Juicer Centrifugal Juicer, $60 (was $110)
– Joyoung Slow Juicer, $100 (was $110)
Best rice cookers:
– Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker, $179 (was $256)
– Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker, $151 (was $192)
– Aroma Housewares Select Rice Cooker & Warmer, $33 (was $40)
Navigating Black Friday
Finding the best Black Friday deals isn’t always easy. There are thousands of online and brick-and-mortar stores where you can get great bargains. You’ve got some tools available to help in the hunt for lower prices.
For Amazon, you can’t beat Camelcamelcamel. Once you sign up for an account, you can set it to watch specific items, or you can check out the best price drops on Amazon. You can use this site all year, not just on Black Friday.
Compare Price on Amazon app
Download this Chrome plug-in and scan barcodes to check the prices on Amazon throughout the holiday season (and the rest of the year).
ShopSavvy watches the deals for you. It also alerts you to price cuts on your targeted items. The app finds and sends coupons for your favorite stores or items, too.
Q: When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday falls on Friday, November 26, 2021. It’s the day after Thanksgiving, so get ready to work off your turkey dinner calories with some serious shopping.
Q: What is Black Friday?
Black Friday originally meant a traffic jam, but it’s come to represent the day when many businesses go from functioning in the red (debt) to the black (profit). That’s not necessarily true in today’s modern market, but the term has stuck. With supply chain delays, many retailers bumped up their Black Friday sales too far earlier this year, so expect to already see some great prices.
Final Thoughts on Amazon Black Friday
You can find a good deal in almost every category of goods on Black Friday. Amazon is one of the easiest places to find a little something for everyone. If you’re a Prime Member, you can also get free shipping and early deal access. You can also use third-party apps and websites to help you track the changing price of your favorite items.
This post was created by a non-news editorial team at Recurrent Media, Futurism’s owner. Futurism may receive a portion of sales on products linked within this post.