Futurism is a digital media platform covering the scientific breakthroughs and technological innovations that will shape our future. Coverage topics include artificial intelligence, robotics, space exploration, virtual reality, and much more. Our content is currently read by over 20 million people per month across all our distribution platforms.
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video producer to create original video content for Futurism and its associated social pages. The role will consist of producing and editing trending science and tech news content, alongside evergreen content. The ideal candidate will have experience editing across a range of content formats; implementing creative decisions in a socially-driven and visual space; and demonstrating aesthetic and technical skills that support our strategic objectives across a variety of platforms.
The ideal candidate will be native to the digital pop culture landscape — a background in independent video production highly preferred — have intimate knowledge of the latest-and-greatest practices in social media and video, and will be capable of experimenting and adapting to a team that moves at breakneck pace.
This is a part-time position, with the opportunity to expand into a full-time position. This position is remote position, and can be based anywhere in North America.
The job at a glance:
- Keep up with weekly science/tech news cycle, and maintain familiarity with the larger narratives of change present throughout current science news and literature
- Create, edit, and produce social videos for Futurism’s pages across social media (Facebook, Twitter, et al.)
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Source and edit video clips from AP, Getty and other content suppliers; curate music and SFX from audio library and a variety of stock sources
- Create thumbnails (graphics and titles) for all videos
- Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience and/or training with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically: Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop), or Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Sketch
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet; prior experience in news or journalism a huge plus
- Weekend availability (this is an absolute necessity)
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge of the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense of how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- Excellent written communication skills; the ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with a team
- A scrappy competitive drive: you enjoy winning, and really going for no matter what tools you are provided with
You will be joining a team of 40+ content creators that are passionate about telling stories that will shape and influence prominent discussions about our future. Our founding team has built companies funded by top VC’s, has been listed in the Inc. Top 500 fast growing companies list four separate times, and has had multiple major exits.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your portfolio, or other work along with your resume.
Examples of Futurism’s content: