Futurism covers the breakthrough technologies and scientific discoveries that will shape humanity’s future. Our mission is to empower our readers and drive the development of these transformative technologies towards maximizing human potential.
Currently, Futurism relies on a team of full-time and part-time writers to satisfy our day-to-day editorial needs. To that end, we aren’t currently seeking paid contributors. However, we are always happy to have individuals who are invested in science and technology contribute their knowledge (and even do so on a regular basis). If you have something insightful you would like to share with our 20 million readers, you’re welcome to submit your piece to our editorial team.
What You Get
- Your work will be distributed to across Futurism’s 20 million+ audience network
- Your very own author page on Futurism.com
- A link to your website, Twitter, and Facebook
- Distribution on one of the top 2000 websites in the US, 5000 worldwide
- Have your content read by people who are changing our world — from Alan Stern (NASA’s New Horizon leader) to Presidential candidate Zoltan Istvan.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for passionate people who want to start conversations about the innovations and discoveries that are ushering us into the world of tomorrow. To that end, we want people who know what Futurism is all about. If you’d like a specific breakdown of our areas of coverage, you can find them here.
Typically, our contributor articles are between 600 and 2000 words. They can be focused on a specific technology/scientific discovery and its impact, or they can be more opinion based pieces (the latter should be grounded in, and referencing, real world technologies and scientific breakthroughs to support their claims).
If you are interested in becoming a contributor, send the final draft of your piece, a proposed headline, subtitle, brief bio, and links to any other pieces you’ve published to contribute[at]futurism[dot]com.
Our editorial team will review your submission and get back to you if it’s something we’re interested in posting. Due to the large volume of submissions we receive, contributors should expect to receive a response within 1-2 weeks. If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, your pitch was likely rejected.
Accepted articles will likely require revisions by one of our editors, which you will be made aware of prior to publishing. Contributors will have the opportunity to view the full piece as it will look on the site (complete with graphics hand-selected by our design team) before it is published.
You will receive an email alert when your piece runs.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Note timeliness. If your article is timely in any way, please let us know in the subject line of your email.
- Use sources wisely. Rely on primary sources as much as possible. If you interview someone, please say so in the piece. If you quote someone or cite a statistic, be sure to link out to your source.
- Proof your article. Sloppy work won’t be accepted by our editors. If your piece is riddled with typos and/or factual errors, it will not be accepted.
- Be original. Make sure the article you submit is original work that will be exclusive to Futurism. Work you didn’t write is not acceptable, nor is something you published previously with with just a few new tweaks added.